OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNOEA and SLEEPCUBE
DeVilbiss Healthcare manufactures and supplies a range of devices to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) and Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB). The SleepCube range from DeVilbiss Healthcare includes a full line of PAP units, including CPAP’s, APAP’s and BiPAP’s.
In more detail, the devices within the SleepCube family are;
- SleepCube Standard – Is the first in the SleepCube range of CPAPs. It is a fixed pressure CPAP delivering constant pressure all night from 3 – 20 cm H2O.
- SleepCube Standard Plus – Has all the features of the SleepCube Standard device with the addition of SmartFlex expiratory relief, designed to lower the average pressure throughout the night and increase comfort for the user.
- SleepCube Auto Plus – Has a unique auto adjusting algorithm that responds to apnoeas, hypopnoeas and snoring to deliver the most effective therapy whilst sleeping. Now with the added SmartFlex expiratory relief for increased patient adherence.
- SleepCube BiLevel S – Is a variation on traditional CPAP. Instead of providing air at a constant pressure all night the machine senses if you are breathing in or out and varies its pressure level accordingly. This is particularly beneficial for those users who require a higher pressure setting.
- SleepCube AutoBiLevel – Has all the features of the SleepCube BiLevel S with the addition of our ‘proven’ auto-adjusting algorithm. The AutoBilevel constantly monitors for apnoeas and events and upon detection automatically adjusts to deliver the best possible treatment.
- SleepCube BiLevel ST – Is designed to enhance the breathing of patients with spontaneous respiration. It does not breathe for the patient but instead supports those who suffer from chronic respiratory failure, breathing difficulties or OSA. Features include a customisable trigger, real time display and a pressure range of 3 – 25 cm H2O
Comfort features and Accessories of the SleepCube range
- SmartFlex Expiratory Relief – Reduces the pressure when the patient is exhaling to make breathing out more comfortable during therapy. SmartFlex can be used for the ramp / delay period or for the whole night. SmartFlex is found within the SleepCube Standard Plus and SleepCube Auto Plus
- Flow Rounding – Is a patented technology which enables a smooth transition from inspiratory (IPAP) to expiratory pressure (EPAP). There are 6 levels of flow rounding that can be adjusted to best suit the patient to reduce the chances of waking during the transition. Flow Rounding is available within SleepCube Standard Plus, SleepCube Auto Plus, SleepCube BiLevel S, SleepCube AutoBiLevel and SleepCube BiLevel ST.
- Heated Humidifier – Some people experience nasal congestion or sore throats when using CPAP, the most common solution is a heated humidifier. It integrates into the SleepCube to heat and moisten the air flow, thus easing the symptoms of dryness of the throat and nose for better patient comfort.
We also have a large mask portfolio including nasal masks, full face masks, nasal pillows / prongs, dual airway masks and paediatric masks.
For more information on OSA, CPAP and frequently asked questions, please see our Patient Information leaflets which are available to download on our website sleep therapy information
The origins of DeVilbiss Healthcare date back to 1888 when Dr. Allen DeVilbiss developed the first atomiser to replace the throat swab. Although our product portfolio may have changed somewhat; we have continued in the tradition of innovation and quality in the respiratory field. Today DeVilbiss Healthcare specialises in the manufacture and distribution of sleep therapy and diagnostics, oxygen therapy and aerosol therapy products. Our devices are distributed in over 90 countries worldwide.
DeVilbiss Healthcare products help in the treatment of many respiratory conditions, including the following;
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
- Chronic Obstructive lung disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
At DeVilbiss Healthcare, our ultimate goal is to improve the lives of the people who use our products. Knowing every effort in our day directly affects the lives of others, we are a company made up of individuals who try harder, work smarter and who have come to understand the true value of innovation. Our products are designed to promote independent and involved lifestyles. We are dedicated to quality of design and its impact.
|DeVilbiss Healthcare Ltd
Unit 3 Bloomfield Park
Tel: 0121 521 3140